Updated: Nov 11, 2020
1 head cauliflower stem removed and chopped into florets
2 tbsps ghee
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsps nutritional yeast add more for a cheesier taste
1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
1 onion diced
2 carrots carrots peeled and cut into half moons
2 celery stalks diced
1 lb ground chicken
1 tbsps herbs de provence or rosemary
2 cloves garlic minced
1 6 oz can tomato paste
1 tbsp coconut aminos
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup beef broth
1 tbsp arrowroot powder
1 tsp paprika
2 tbsps parsley for garnish
For the cauliflower mash:
1. Bring the cauliflower florets to a boil in a large stockpot. Boil for 10-12 minutes, or until cauliflower is soft. 2. Puree the cauliflower with an immersion blender, or use a masher. Add ghee, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
For the chicken filling:
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a dutch oven (or large skillet) heat ghee over medium heat. Once hot, add the onions, carrots, and celery. Saute until soft and onions are almost translucent (about 4-5 minutes).
3. Add the ground chicken. Scramble fry until cooked.
4. Add the herbs, de provence, garlic, tomato paste, coconut aminos, and vinegar.
5. Combine the beef broth and arrowroot powder together, add to the chicken mixture.
6. Once everything is stirred together, bring to a bubble and remove from heat.
7. Add the cauliflower topping. Fluff up with a fork and sprinkle the paprika over top.
8. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cauliflower is lightly golden. Sprinkle with parsley, serve.