Updated: May 1, 2020
Protein and healthy fat packed bread. With avocado or ghee on top.
1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp avocado oil
2/3 cup raw almonds
2/3 cup raw hazelnuts
2/3 cup raw walnuts
1/3 cup raw pistachios
2/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
2/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup raw sesame seeds
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup whole flaxseeds
2 tbsp cumin seeds (optional)
6 large eggs
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Use 1 tbsp of the avocado oil to grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
2. In a food processor, combine all the almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, and pistachios. Pulse 7 times until chunky, be careful not to over process.
3. In a bowl, mix the sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, flaxseeds, and cumin seeds. Add the processed nut mixture and stir to combine.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the remaining 1/3 cup of avocado oil with the eggs, vinegar, and salt. Add the nut and seed mixture and mix well.
5. Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool before slicing.
Source: "Food: What the Heck Should I Cook?" By Dr. Hyman